John Institutional Missionary Baptist Church was originally
established as St. John Fourth Baptist Church in 1869. Its
been at its present location since 1955. Six
inspiring men of God have served as Pastor of our church:
Rev. Robert Jessup, Rev. Joseph Tolbert, Rev. Frederick Collins,
Dr. Rev. Cleveland Charles Taylor, Dr. Rev. Willie Earl Hausey,
Rev. Gene Ellison Powell. Rev. Louis S. Jones is presently
serving as the leader of our flock.
church agencies (e.g. Council of Christian Education, Sunday
Church School (Youth Department), Evangelistic Department and Adult Baptist Training
Union) offer opportunities for Christians to further their
understanding of God's word. We welcome all members to join
one or more of our following auxiliaries: Beautifying Club,
The King's Sons and Daughters, Ladies of Charity, Usher Board,
Music Ministry, or our Liturgical Dance Team.
welcome all, who accept Christ as their Lord and Savior, to visit
and join our church family, which offers spiritual support through
counseling and training.